Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What a Day in 2A!


Dear Second Grade A:

Thank you for welcoming me into your classroom for much of the day on Tuesday! I really enjoyed it and learned so much from you and of course from Mrs. Roberts too! These were some of the things that I enjoyed and that were very helpful to my learning day in 2A:
  •  Directions are always reinforced in many different ways – this made it easier for me to follow along (I felt like a new student!). I especially liked how you would put your finger up when you heard a direction and then knew how many steps to follow.
  • Organizing the bins per genres, topics and authors and then going “shopping” for your own books to put in your personal reading bin. How fun was that!
  •  Lucas, thank you for explaining how I PICK a just right book! Megan and Evan thank you for demonstrating Read to Someone.

  •  But my favorite part of the day was the Poetry lesson and learning to describe an everyday object through a “Scientist’s Eyes” and a “Poet’s Eyes” Can I please share my poem with you?

The Backpack


Black

Sometimes stuffed to the seams, with a weekend full of clothes.
Other times skinny as can be, wrinkled papers, homework, shoved right down to the bottom.

Like a cherished rag doll always at his side,
At times thrown over his shoulder, or quickly tossed right into the back seat!

Although a simple black backpack, a treasured reminder of Ricardo’s daily activities.

By Dr. Isabel

No comments:

Post a Comment